Saturday, October 31, 2015

Exorcism Live!

    Well, on Halloween Eve Destination America came up with a live event, featuring TWC, (Tennessee Wraith Chasers), along with a few faces not seen on TV for a while. While the promos made it look as though someone who was possessed was getting a exorcism, that was not the case. It was a good old house cleansing.

    I've written about TWC before, who have the show, "Ghost Asylum," on the same channel. I like these down to earth country boys, and they get evidence. Here's just a few gripes I hope they take to heart. Everyone person should have a digital recorder running, and a hand-held camera/view finder. This way you have everything you need, and you won't be in an attic without the gear you need. The view finder is so you can see...lose the damn penlights. Your eyes will adjust, and when you flash a light, you're gonna miss something. While you do soooo much better than "Ghost Hunters," who from the outside of where they are investigating, it looks like burglars casing a joint. They could give LESSONS to criminals on how to flit a flashlight around. Don't become them! You guys get evidence, and you and Ghost Adventures crew are it.

    OK, now the show. It took place in the famous house in St. Louis that was the catalyst for the movie, The Exorcist. Guess what Travel Channel was showing at the same time this was airing? That's right, the GA (Ghost Adventures) crew investigating the same house in 2012. That's what sets the GA crew apart. They are prepared, and they get good evidence. Plus the use of Kinect technology is fantastic. I found myself switching between shows. TWC went in and did a live hunt. They did a good job for a live show, but like I said, they were at times unprepared. I also liked the access to the live feeds from the X-Cameras they had set up. A few viewers saw orbs and other anomalies. Way to go! The tweeting idea was good to, but some claimed to be frightened...maybe they were, but I wasn't.

    Then psychic Chip Coffey did a seance with his 3 person crew. I first saw Chip on "Paranormal State," one of the first ghost hunting shows that used to air on A & E. Penn State students. Google them. Plus, Chip had a show on the same network where he nurtured young people with psychic abilities. Cannot remember the name. The seance went along, but when an evil spirit came through, Chip shut it down. Sad. Things could have been so much more interesting. I understand the fear of possession, but come on. Should have had volunteers standing by to take the place of those in fear. This was a big moment missed. Fear is what those demons feed on. Live TV, what a moment it could and should have been. If you need a volunteer Chip, I'd be happy to donate my time. How can we learn more when fear over-rides fact finding?  Big Miss!

    It ended with Chip and a priest cleansing the house. I was let down. I guess they were performing an exorcism on the house, but I thought that was called a "cleansing." Not an exorcism. Come on now. Did it work? Who knows? Who can say? Who can prove it? Exorcisms are done on people!

    Don't let me forget the appearance of Nick Groff, former Ghost Adventures alum. Nice beard Nick! He talked of his experience when they investigated the famed house. Nick is a sensitive. I believe him. Ghost hunting cost him a lot, and I'm glad to see he's out of the actual business of hunting. Hope you are well!

    In closing, TWC did a fine job. I'd lose the host...they should have hosted. The seance stopped when it was just getting interesting. The cleansing...a big let-down. I'm sure if you  missed it, there will be reruns of it into perpetuity. I looked and it's not on tonight. I'd definitely show it on Halloween. Guess that's why I write a blog and don't run a network. I give it 3 out of 5 ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment