Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fringe

I know that this is a sci-fi show, but having just watched the series finale, I felt I had to mention it. Fringe is about a government group that has the utmost clearance, and to most people it does not exist. It investigates odd occurrences. I by odd, I mean weird, sometimes almost paranormal happenings.

I have watched this show since it first came on TV, since 2008. It was one of the greatest TV shows of all time, in my humble opinion. Kudos to the actors we feel in love with, and to the writers who took this series to the extreme. I will be honest, I cried like a baby at the end. I will really miss this show. It became part of my Friday nights for 5 years. Incredible! The finale has truly left me speechless. From the special effects, to the set design, to the instruments etc. that looked so real. I think I know one reason Fox had to end it. I bet it cost a fortune to shoot. It had such realism, you forgot that these type of things don't exist. I am not going to write about all the things that happened in the last 5 years because it would take me weeks. From the acting to the props, this show was top-notch.

So, I'd suggest buying the box set when it comes out. It would be prudent to see this from the beginning. I really hope that Fox goes all out, and releases the whole thing on Blu-Ray. I begging you Fox, release the whole thing as a box set in Blu-Ray. I'll be waiting. And so should you...

No comments:

Post a Comment