Saturday, January 26, 2013

Ghost Adventures Latest

After watching Episode 99 of Ghost Adventures, I must say that I've been quite disappointed with this season. Four episodes have been "Best Of," which is kind of a misnomer. Yes, it's the best of several episodes which all have the same theme i.e. "Haunted Hotels," but there is nothing new, except for Zak's commentary. No scenes that didn't make it into the original episodes, nothing "new." Now if you're new to the show is guess this is fine, but if you've been watching from the start, it's very disappointing.

After watching the episode before this last one, I thought "alright, new shows, new places." Then last night, here we go again. I don't know what is happening to the crew internally, but as I've said before I think Nick is burned out. Are they doing this because Nick is leaving the show? Has the Travel Channel chopped the budget? Are they all tired of it and this is going to be it? I have more questions than answers, but let me say this: If Nick does leave, don't replace him. I think Zak and Aaron would be fine with just them investigating. If you look back, I've noticed that Zak and Aaron seem to get the most action in every episode. Aaron has been promoted to 'Investigator," and that was wise. He always seems to get the spirits to rise up. I think it's because of his demeanor. He's a likable guy, and I think spirits are drawn to him. And Zak is the lead investigator, and he's always been a pleasure to watch.

So, I just ask, "What is going on with Ghost Adventures?" Is this it? The next episode will be number 100. Will it be the swan song? I don't know yet. I have Dish, and so far my listings haven't updated so I can see what next week's episode is. I know this show has caused personal problems for all the cast. Maybe they need a break. Or maybe the adventure has come to an end. Either way, I've enjoyed myself, and without them Friday night's will suck. But so do "Best Of" episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment