Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Haunting of...

"The Haunting Of..." is a show on the Bio channel featuring Psychic/Medium Kim Russo, and a new celebrity each time that has usually first told their story of a haunting on the show "Celebrity Ghost Stories."

I first saw Kim Russo a few years back on "Paranormal State." I can't remember the episode, but I think she has only been used by Ryan Buell and company one time. Kim claims that she actually sees ghosts, and talks with them silently. She and the celeb arrive separately at the site of the haunting, and sometimes this is a haunting that has happened before they were famous, although not always. I remember 2 episodes I saw, one with Regis Philbin and one with Gina Gershon. Both were quite interesting. I think Regis is quite the skeptic at first. But towards the end when Kim names some names that only he and people very close to him would know, I think he changed his mind. Now I'm not saying that everything that Kim uncovers couldn't be found somewhere, but I think she won him over. Kim is quite interesting, and a lot of times is greeted by the spirits of the location before she even gets there. If she is the real deal, it must be a very hard existence. I mean, imagine everywhere you go, you see spirits, and they all want to talk to you at the same time, because they know she can see and hear them. The Gina Gershon episode was pretty good too, although all of things that Kim uncovered could be found in public records. This haunting happened while Gina was in New York, going to college. Since I've only seen 2 shows, and they are not showing new shows right now, I will say I've spent time on things a lot worse. Kim is quite likable. And the celebrities usually are fairly famous. So I give it 3 1/2 stars.

I may revisit this later on when new episodes appear, if they do. It airs on Bio on Saturdays at 10 pm Eastern. I want to believe Kim is the real deal, I really do. If not, she should be an actress. Sometimes while watching "Paranormal State," and Ryan is being an ass, I sing the intro of the Beatles song, "I'll Get You," when Lennon is singing "Oh Yeah Oh Yeah," except I substitute "Bullshit Bullshit." Try it sometime. One show I really sing along with is "The Ghost Hunters." I don't know if any of these shows are real, and I'm not sure spirits are real. I'm becoming a skeptic myself. The TV has been inundated with paranormal shows, a new one appearing almost weekly. I will continue to be open, but I sure would like to go to a haunted location with a pro, and see it with my own eyes. As a child I think I was haunted by a spirit, but I can't say for sure. So I'll continue singing "Bullshit Bullshit" when I watch and see something that is crap. Maybe someday I'll be proved wrong. I also think My brother who died of Alzheimer's came back after he died, giving me goosebumps, and I could hear pacing every night in his old room. (he moved in with me so I could care for him.)  One day something fell of a shelf that was not gravity, and it pissed me off. So I said, "Ted you're dead! Look for a white light. Look for a white light and go through it!" He hasn't been back.

No comments:

Post a Comment